Based in Hamburg, Germany
Type of project:
Virtual Reality App, Augmented Reality App
For acquisition of projects for the digital agency vriction two tech demos were created. Both take the game mechanics of a slot car racing track and bring those into the virtual and the augmented reality.
The virtual reality version of the game takes place in a beautiful, stereoscopic living room, so the player can completely dive into the experience and feels like in another place. It even works on mobile VR solutions like the Gear VR.
The augmented reality version projects the slot car racing track anywhere you like with the help of a customizable marker. This can mean having the track on a table, at the wall in front of a sticker that works as a marker or on top of an ad in a magazine.
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Game
- Immersive feeling to be in front of a 'real' slot car track
- Stereoscopic environment in virtual reality version
- One touch input: Press to accelerate, release to brake
- Stopwatch measures lap times, creating an immediate competition between players
- Customizable visualization of tracks (two different ones were implemented: desert + Hamburg) and cars (racing car + bus)
- Many more features possible like achievements, multiplayer competition, customizable cars, more tracks,...
- Set up project with Unity3D
- Implementation of game mechanics in C#
- User Interface implementation
- Integration with Gear VR and Oculus Rift
- Integration of Vuforia SDK for an Augmented version of the game